Do you need some craft ideas to repurpose your jars?
- Do you need some craft ideas to repurpose your jars?
- 18 Unique Ways to Decoupage Mason Jars
- Light Up Aquariums
- Mason Jar Wall Planter
- Upcycled Jar Canisters
- Distressed Mason Jars
- Mason Jar Lid Magnets
- Repurposing Candle Jars
- Homemade Snow Globes
- Baby Food Jar Succulent Planters
- How to Tint Bottles and Jars
- Mason Jar Cookie Recipes
- DIY Upcycled Candle Holders
- Crochet Jar Covers
- Mason Jar Oil Candle Lamp
- Gold Animal Jars
- 15 More Ideas to Recycle Jars
Whether they are baby food jars, mason jars, ball jars, or spaghetti jars, this post has ideas for them all! This list of DIY ideas is perfect for gifts, home decoration, storage, planters, candle holders, magnets, and more! Full of great tutorials for upcycling all your jars! Save now as a reference for later!
Did you know that glass is made from sand?
For real! My mind was blown when I first learned that… from one of my kids’ books, of all things. After learning this, I feel like glass, and more specifically, jars, are so much more amazing!
Talk about ultimate repurposing!
Everyone has some of these amazing glass jars laying around… baby food jars, spaghetti or pickle jars, mason jars, ball jars, candle jars, beer bottles, wine bottles… you name it, I’m pretty sure we all have it!
Why not get busy with all these jars and make something awesome? Check out the ideas below… a little something for whatever you have on hand.
18 Unique Ways to Decoupage Mason Jars
This post has some awesome ideas for repurposing mason jars, as well as very essential tips if you are new to using mod podge or even working with jars. Great place to start!
Retrieved from Modge Podge Rocks: modpodgerocksblog.com
Light Up Aquariums
Unique, fun craft to do with your kids! They will have so much fun putting these together and seeing their little aquarium come to life!
Retrieved from The Tiptoe Fairy: thetiptoefairy.com
Mason Jar Wall Planter
Smart, chic, and beautiful… this method of repurposing jars will add life and interest to any wall. Bonus points for being super functional! Great tutorial with updates to help you through the process of this DIY project.
Retrieved from Not Just a Housewife: notjustahousewife.net
Upcycled Jar Canisters
This idea is genius! Not only is it simple, but can be completed with literally any jar you have. Plus you can really customize the look by choice of colors or knobs. Reduce your plastic and disposable storage- opt for these instead!
Retrieved from Reuse Grow Enjoy: reusegrowenjoy.com
Distressed Mason Jars
These. Are. Gorgeous. They would be perfect for any wedding, celebration, or even a farmhouse-inspired home. The pastel colors and slight distressing bring these mason jars to a whole new level of function that meets beauty.
Retrieved from It All Started with Paint: itallstartedwithpaint.com
Mason Jar Lid Magnets
Genius idea for reusing lids! Too often we forget about the lids in favor of the jar. Why not use them too?! This is a great tutorial with a companion video. Don’t they look fun?
Mason Jar Lid Magnets: unoriginalmom.com
Repurposing Candle Jars
I really love the idea of reusing candle jars, especially since the lids don’t screw on. Much more user-friendly for quick access. This tutorial is wonderful for explaining how to remove leftover wax and sticky labels.
Retrieved from Mommy Suite: mommysuite.com
Homemade Snow Globes
This is such a clever idea for homemade gifts! They work beautifully as winter snow globes but you could also use the same idea with different holiday themes. Great tutorial: fun to read and easy to follow!
Retrieved from Our Best Bites: ourbestbites.com
Baby Food Jar Succulent Planters
Do you find yourself with a plethora of baby food jars? They seem to multiply overnight, don’t they? Check out my blog post on how to create some boho-inspired tiny planters!
Retrieved from Leaning into the Journey: leaningintothejourney.com
How to Tint Bottles and Jars
This idea is incredible! You can add an entirely new dimension to your crafts by tinting your glass jars first. Aren’t they gorgeous?!
Retrieved from The Budget Diet: thebudgetdiet.com
I love the idea of reusing jars for gifts. Not only are they the perfect size for so many things (like cookies!) they make great containers and in the end, you have fewer jars hanging around. Share some jar love the next time you need to give a gift… fill it with something yummy!
Retrieved from Freebie Finding Mom: freebiefindingmom.com
DIY Upcycled Candle Holders
This tutorial is very informative and fun to read! The artistic effect of these finished jars is fun and unique; so eye-catching! Using nail polish gives you the freedom to use this method for any holiday or gift. Great way to customize the colors and look of your jars!
Retrieved from The Real Thing with the Coake Family : realcoake.com
Crochet Jar Covers
If you have delved into the world of crochet, this is perfect for you! This pattern would make a great summer crochet craft. Personally, I cannot wait to try it out and add some charm to my jars!
Retrieved from Little Monkey’s Crochet: littlemonkeyscrochet.com
Mason Jar Oil Candle Lamp
Want to take your jar repurposing to the next level? Try out these mason jar candle lamps! The end result is simply stunning. They would make beautiful decor and one-of-a-kind gifts. She even includes some printable gift tags!
Retrieved from Hearth and Vine: hearthandvine.com
Gold Animal Jars
This idea and tutorial is so so fun! Very creative use of common materials to create something extraordinary. These jars would create amazing decor for any room or bathroom. Excited to try this one for myself!
Retrieved from Bang on Style: bangonstyleblog.com
Creating a set of any of these upcycled jars would be a great way to add some creative, and home decor!
15 More Ideas to Recycle Jars
Upcycling used jars is a creative and environmentally friendly way to give them new life and reduce waste. Here are 15 ideas for upcycling used jars:
- Storage Containers: Use jars to organize small items like buttons, beads, spices, or office supplies.
- Candle Holders: Turn jars into charming candle holders by placing tea lights or votive candles inside.
- Herb or Plant Pots: Create mini herb gardens or plant pots by filling jars with soil and planting small herbs or succulents.
- DIY Vases: Paint or decorate jars and use them as vases for fresh or dried flowers.
- DIY Snow Globes: Create your own snow globes by adding water, glitter, and small figurines inside the jar’s lid.
- Desk Organizers: Use jars to keep pens, pencils, markers, and other office supplies tidy on your desk.
- Soap Dispensers: Turn a jar into a stylish soap dispenser by adding a pump and filling it with liquid soap.
- Homemade Sauces: Store homemade sauces, dressings, or marinades in jars for easy access and preservation.
- Party Decor: Paint and decorate jars to use as unique drinkware or candle holders for parties.
- Spice Jars: Refill jars with bulk spices, label them, and keep your kitchen spices organized.
- Homemade Candles: Create your own scented or decorative candles by melting wax inside the jars.
- Gift Containers: Fill jars with homemade treats or small gifts, and decorate the lids with ribbons or labels.
- Craft Supplies: Store craft materials like beads, buttons, or yarn in jars to keep your workspace tidy.
- Bathroom Organizers: Use jars to store cotton balls, cotton swabs, or other bathroom essentials.
- Homemade Body Scrubs: Make your own exfoliating body scrubs and store them in jars for personal use or gifting.
Remember, when upcycling jars, you can get creative with paint, labels, ribbons, and other decorative elements to customize them to your style and purpose. The possibilities are endless, and upcycling jars can be a fun and sustainable way to add a unique touch to your home and reduce waste.
Do you have any other great jar repurposing ideas? Leave me a comment… I would love to see them!