Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub Recipe
Why yes, this would be me scouring Pinterest at the very last minute making as many easy DIY gifts as possible. My fingers couldn’t possibly crochet any faster so I had to forego some scarves and find another homemade, easy-on-the-budget, quick to make, but still super cute and useful gift. Coconut Sugar Scrubs to the rescue! It literally took me 5 minutes or less to throw one of these together. You still have time to make homemade cute gifts!
Grab some 8 ounce mason jars (found mine at HEB), coconut oil (get a big ol’ jar at Sam’s Club or Costco if you wanna be like me), cutie cocktail spoons or even popsicle sticks, butcher’s twine, ribbon, labels – washi tape – or I used chalk pens I had laying around – use what you have! Then, depending which “flavor” or “flavors” you’d like to make pick up some lemons, limes and/or vanilla extract.
Honestly, I couldn’t believe how easy this was! Plus, they smell SO good and make your skin silky smooth. Vanilla Coconut smells like a fresh baked macaroon cookie. YUM. Coconut Lime makes me dream of lying on the beach with a margarita in hand. Coconut Lemon is so fresh and clean and just plain awesome. You may want to eat these up they smell so incredible!
I love keeping a jar next to the kitchen sink to exfoliate and soften my hands after dish washing. Or they are always great in the tub or shower (just be cautious as the coconut oil can make the tub slippery). I promise these gifts will be a quick DIY and your friends, fam, neighbors, coworkers, anyone and everyone will love them!
Homemade Coconut Sugar Scrubs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil (solid, not melted)
- For Vanilla Coconut: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Coconut Lime: 2 teaspoons lime juice and zest of one lime
- For Coconut Lemon: 2 teaspoons lemon juice and zest of one lemon
- NOTE: Increase ingredients as needed to create multiple gifts at one time.
- Mix sugar and coconut oil into a bowl. Use a fork to incorporate the solid coconut oil and sugar together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into mason jar and label/decorate as desired.